Thursday, February 2, 2012

blue skies

Today, the 2nd day of February, here in rural NC - it feels like spring.  It is so hard to believe!  I went for a walk this morning & I swear if I didn't have a calendar to go by, I would have bet money that it was mid-April.

It honestly is quite surreal.  And although I've been dreaming about snow, the warm wind & bright sunshine made me a little homesick for warmer weather.  

It'll be interesting to see what the next two months have in store for us weather wise, since our little ground hog predicted 6 more weeks of winter this morning.  I'm wondering if his internal clock was off this am, lol.  

Since it's been so warm over the past few weeks I've taken my camera out "riding" a few times.  Like I said, we live an a rural area, which I LOVE, so it's a great place to capture farm land & open skies.  Here are a few pictures from my January landscape outings. 

 The sky from one afternoon last week.  It looks the same today...crystal blue with big puffy clouds. 
 Just beautiful!!

Farm land...makes my heart soar! 

Only in the country can you lay down in the middle of the road for 5 minutes and never see a car!  

I am so grateful that I actually get to experience days like this again.  That was one of the hardest things for me when I was working my old job.  I was cooped up in an office all day with no time to experience the beauty of God's creation.  Getting to do that now, is priceless for me.  Thank you, Lord! 

I hope you too have time to experience the beauty of the world outside sometime this week!  What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?  

1 comment:

  1. beautiful shots! We, in Colorado, are expecting a huge snow storm!

    ReplyDelete