Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Faithful Provision...

Last night I spent some time with my sister-in-law & another friend, and during the course of our time together our conversation turned to insurance, house payments, & all the fun other day to day expenses of life.  It got me thinking about how great God's provision has been for us over the last few years, 2011 especially.  So this morning I was thinking further on the subject (SCARY when I talk about thinking, I know)... and I was reminded of just how gracious He has been to us.  Even in the midst of quitting a full-time job in order to be around more, we have not "suffered" in the least.  My shopping habits have suffered greatly, lol, but in the reality of needs vs. wants...we've not suffered at all.  Every need that we've had has been met...and even a lot of our wants. 

How kind You have been to us Father, and for that kindness, we are extremely humbled & grateful.

10 You make springs gush forth in the valleys;
they flow between the hills;
11 they give drink to every beast of the field;
the wild donkeys quench their thirst.
12 Beside them the birds of the heavens dwell;
they sing among the branches.
13 From your lofty abode you water the mountains;
the earth is satisfied with the fruit of your work.

14 You cause the grass to grow for the livestock 
and plants for man to cultivate,
that he may bring forth food from the earth
15 and wine to gladden the heart of man, 
oil to make his face shine
and bread to strengthen man's heart.

31 May the glory of the Lord endure forever;
may the Lord rejoice in His works,
32 who looks on the earth and it trembles,
who touches the mountains and they smoke!
33 I will sing to the Lord as long as I live; 
I will sing praise to my God while I have being.
34 May my meditation be pleasing to Him, 
for I rejoice in the Lord.    

from Psalm 104  

No comments:

Post a Comment